EACH STUDENT WILL:
- Love the Lord and have a desire to be challenged and grow in that relationship.
- Complete all schooling requirements and maintain academic standards set forth by Perea.
- Be involved with activities designed to help the student stretch, grow, fellowship, serve and put to practice things they have been learning.
- Serve within a local church of their choice.
- Have a mission field outside of the School of Discipleship.
- Spend time daily with the Lord in prayer and in the Bible.
- Meet with the same gendered house facilitator weekly for one-on-ones.
- Have some form of health insurance.
- Pay/fund raise tuition that includes their schooling, books, activities, room, board, and a Ministry Opportunity Allowance.
- Commit to remain at the house for at least one full quarter.
Expectations and Perea School of Discipleship Rules
- No illegal activity of any sort will be permitted, no alcohol on site and no inappropriate internet use.
- Students will be permitted in the room of an opposite gender only when a group (3 or more) is present.
- Students will not be permitted in the opposite gender living quarters between the hours of 8 pm to 10 am.
- During the hours of 11:00 pm to 7:00 am, one on one interaction between opposite genders is not permitted anywhere on the grounds.
- Every student will be responsible for chores as well as cooking meals for the house members.
- Students will submit to the authority God has placed above them (ie: house facilitators and the Board of Perea Ministries) as long as those in authority do not violate the Word of God.
- Students will resolve conflict based on the account in Matthew 18:15-17.
- Students will attend every School of Discipleship activity. If it is impossible to make a school activity, the student will talk to a house facilitator before missing the activity.
- Pets that live in bowls or cages (such as birds, fish, hamsters…) are allowed to remain in the student’s room with their roommate’s consent. However larger animals such as cats and dogs will not be allowed to be brought by students.
- Students will show hospitality and courtesy to all those who want to visit or use the house and will schedule those activities in advance whenever they are able.